Basic Sugar Cookies
Recently I had the joy of baking with Sugary Charm's 3D cookie cutters for Halloween and they were perfect! Biodegradable and easy to use, they made gorgeous sugar cookies for us to decorate.
Here's a recipe I use, they make soft buttery sugar cookies, they're perfectly good on their own so no icing is required! I didn't enter a "yield" as it makes a generous portion of dough, and depending on your cookie cutters it will vary. However, what you don't use you can always freeze and re-use again.
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg yolk (large)
- 1 Egg (large)
- 2 tsp Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (around 3 minutes). Add yolk and beat well. Add the whole egg and vanilla and beat until well incorporated. Finally add flour, 1 cup at a time on low speed until flour is all mixed in. Make sure to not over mix!
3. Using work surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thick, sprinkling flour to prevent sticking. Cut out cookies and place on parchment or silicone pans. Bake until edges appear golden brown, around 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove and cool completely before decorating!
Let me know what you think if you try the recipe!